The main object of the program is to build a good connection between China and the rest of the world through an interdisciplinary master program in China Studies.
Yenching Academy is offering fully-funded international fellowship program for foreign students to pursue a master program from Peking University in China for 2020 academic year.
Study at Yenching Academy gives students an exceptional facility to take part in interpersonal exchanges and interdisciplinary learning, both personally and professionally developed.
Located in Beijing, China and Established in 2014, Yenching Academy is an elite postgraduate college of Peking University. It offers international students a fellowship to pursue a Master of Arts degree program in China Studies.
Masters degree program.
Field of Study:
The master program is available in any subject offered by the university.
The Yenching Academy will provide full fellowships that include all the following for the first academic year of study:
- Covers tuition,
- Accommodation in the Yenching Academy House,
- A travel stipend for one round-trip journey between a base city and Beijing,
- Basic medical insurance
- A monthly stipend, and
- Expenses related to research
The Yenching Academy will also offer a wide array of interdisciplinary courses on China within broadly defined fields of the humanities and social sciences.
Students who maintained an excellent academic standing, and plan to stay in Beijing during their second academic year can apply for the second-year Yenching Fellowship that will cover the tuition, accommodation, a monthly stipend, and basic medical insurance.
Candidates from all nationalities are accepted to apply.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Students outside of the Chinese mainland, including international students and students from Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and Mainland Chinese students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field awarded no later than August 31, 2020.
- Candidates must have an outstanding academic record and a strong interest in the interdisciplinary study of China.
- Students must have a record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility.
- Candidate should demonstrate leadership potential and also have English proficiency.
- Applicant over the age of 28 has been admitted to the program not eligible. The average age of students entering the program is 23.
- Each Yenching Scholar can select one of six research areas in the field of China Studies and writes a thesis with guidance from a faculty adviser. Research areas are as follows: Economics and Management, History and Archaeology, Philosophy and Religion, Politics and International Relations, Law and Society, and Literature and Culture.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- Students must take admission into Yenching Academy and can apply through the online application portal.
- The following required materials must be in English: Personal statement (750 words or less), Curriculum Vitae, Official transcripts, Diplomas or Certificates of Enrollment, Two letters of recommendation, Submission of English scores: For IELTS, TOEFL, and Cambridge tests.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in any files of study.
- Before take part in the program, applicants must meet all the given English requirements and minimum scores: IELTS (Academic) -overall 7.0, TOEFL (iBT)- overall 100, Cambridge English Scale (Advanced)-overall 185, CEFR- C1 level, CET 6- overall 600, TEM 4- Pass level of “??” or above.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
December 06, 2019 (12:00 – noon Beijing time).