Walmart Foundation First Generation Scholarships, 2019 is funded by USA, Wal-Mart Foundation for USA nationals. The scholarship allows Bachelor level program(s) in the field of subjects offered by selected institutes taught at USA Universities selected educational institutions in USA.
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and the Walmart Foundation are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding first-year students attending one of the publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF 47 member-school network.
Bachelors Degree programs are available under this scholarship.
Field of Study:
Programs offered by selected USA Universities
Selected scholars will receive a one-year scholarship up to $6,200 for the 2019-2020 academic school year which can be used to cover the costs of tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, and required textbooks purchased from member-schools. The scholarship will be disbursed in the fall and spring semesters at $3,100 per semester.
USA Nationals only.
Applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student
- Be a graduating high-school senior
- Be accepted and enrolled as a full-time freshman student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Have a high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Be recommended by a high school counselor
- Demonstrate outstanding financial need
- Have demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card
Applying procedure Instructions:
To apply, create or log in to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF | Walmart Foundation First-Generation Scholarship application.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
The deadline of the scholarship is May 26, 2019 .