Applications are invited for a PhD Scholarship financed by the Polish National Science Center (NCN) under a grant Opus 14 Mechanistic investigations for local thermal oxidation of thin MoS2 in the field of basic research for flexible nano electronics.
Taking into account the total number of research universities that reaches 20 thousand, the University of Warsaw is among the top 3% of the world’s best universities. According to international rankings, it also is the best university in Poland and one of the leading ones in this region of Europe. In addition, the University of Warsaw holds very good positions in comparative evaluations of the quality of education, in particular, study programs, such as the Quacquarelli Symonds World University Ranking and Eduniversal Best Masters and MBA Worldwide.
Scholarships are available to pursue the PhD program.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded in the field of basic research for flexible nano electronics.
- Combined remuneration with a departmental PhD scholarship might reach ca. 5000 PLN net per month.
- Super nice labs at CNBCh in a beautiful Ochota Campus of UW!
- Great research in collaboration with well-acclaimed researchers in Switzerland and USA.
- NCN scholarship of 3000 PLN net per month for a period of up to 36 months. For EU candidates NCN scholarship will be supplemented by a departmental PhD scholarship, currently ca. 1900 PLN net per.
Scholarships are available for international students.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Motivated applicants able to analyze and present scientific data using computers and in fluent English.
- MSc in either Chemistry or Physics or Material Science.
- Readiness to perform daily work duties at CNBCh.
- Readiness to travel for a few short research stays abroad during the time of the project.
- Evidence of earlier scientific works such as publications and/or conference posters/talks.
- Prior experience in the physicochemistry of 2D materials using AFM and/or other methods.
English Language Requirements:
Applicants must be fluent in English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Please email all the following documents to rszoszkiewicz-at-chem.uw.edu.pl by January 15th, 2019:
- CV with a cover letter.
- MSc thesis (in a pdf format).
- Names, emails and telephone numbers of two references.
- List of all the grades from the MSc and BSc studies.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 15th, 2019