This is a four year interdisciplinary program available for both domestic and international students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree at the University of Tennessee.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is inviting the best and brilliant students to apply for the Brock Scholars Program for the academic year 2020/21.
At University of Tennessee, students have exciting opportunities to gain professional experience, work across institutions and disciplines, and acquire advanced research skills.
Established in 1886, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a public university that offers over 140 undergraduate majors and concentrations, and over 50 undergraduate minors.
Undergraduate degree program.
Field of Study:
The undergraduate degree will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
The university will provide all the following expenses:
- William E. Brock, Jr. Scholarship worth $2,000 per year and renewable for eight semesters. The scholarship can be combined with other UTC scholarships. Recipients of the program who live on campus are required to live in the Honors College Living-Learning Community their freshman year.
- Non-Tennessee residents receive a waiver of out-of-state tuition fees
- Intensive personal academic advisement and guidance
- Annual cultural stipend to attend the selected symphony, opera, cinema and theatre performances
- Opportunities to attend and make presentations at academic and professional conferences around the country, including the National Collegiate Honors Council conference
- Opportunities to travel for academic credit with other Honors College students and faculty.
- Program-sponsored social events and special programs throughout the year
Applications are accepted from around the world.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Make at least 24 hours of progress towards graduation each academic year.
- Make reasonable progress toward completion of the Brock Scholars curriculum, as determined by an Honors College adviser.
- Register for and attend the appropriate honors studies course (1000, 2000, 3000 or 4000) each year.
- Maintain an e-portfolio demonstrating their learning and accomplishments.
- Apply and register for two semesters (four hours total) senior honors thesis.
- Abide by the rules of conduct for all students set forth in the UTC Student Handbook.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- To be considered for the grant, first, you must apply for admission to UTC. Thereafter you should submit the undergraduate admissions application as soon as possible.
- Please submit a Resume, Essay, and two recommendations
- All freshmen under 21 years of age must graduate with a regular diploma from an accredited or state-approved high school or complete a GED.
- You must meet our minimum English language entry requirements to prove your written and spoken English is at the required level for postgraduate study.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 15, 2020.