The study funding is available for domestic and international students who wish to complete a Higher Degree by Research at the UQ’s School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering.
If you want to earn one of the highest degrees in Australia with education stipend. Apply for the PhD Scholarship of Engineering at the University of Queensland.
The University of Queensland provides a range of degree programs at associate, bachelor, and master, doctoral and higher level. It has a reputation in research at science, medicine and technology study areas.
The University of Queensland ranks in the top 50 universities worldwide and founded in 1909 as a research-intensive institution. University of Queensland provides multiple opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate learning.
PhD degree program.
Field of Study:
The sponsorship will be awarded in Engineering and Computing study area.
- The University of Queensland will provide living stipend scholarship that will base on a stipend of $28,092 per annum 2020 rate tax-free indexed annually.
- In addition to the base stipend, a top-up scholarship of $6000 to $10000 per annum tax-free may be awarded.
- The funding program will for three years with the possibility of two 6-month extensions in approved circumstances.
- Successful candidates will obtain training in physical metallurgy of metals, manufacturing of steels, advanced material characterization techniques and necessary laboratory measurement techniques.
Applications from Australia as well as across the world will accept.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- A bachelor’s degree with at least honors class IIA or equivalent from approved universities, which includes a relevant research component, or
- A research master’s degree, or
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes a relevant research component, or
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honors IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis, or
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Students are required to produce a thesis of no more than 80,000 words, with the research representing a significant new contribution to the discipline.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- There is no separate application for the award because students will have the opportunity to request grant consideration on the application for admission. So, applicants are required to apply for admission at the University of Queensland.
- Note: Applicants can also contact Professor Mingxing Zhang at Mingxing.Zhang@uq.edu.au, to discuss your suitability for this application before applying.
- Applicants are required to upload all documents in PDF files and use the naming convention – LAST-NAME_firstname_document-name. Materials are as Academic CV, Academic transcript, Award certificates/testamurs, Evidence of English language proficiency, a copy of your Passport, and Contact details from two referees.
- All candidates must meet the requirements of admission into the PhD program. Domestic candidates must have an Honours degree or equivalent in Materials Engineering, mechanical engineering (or related disciplines).
- Before applying for the program at UQ, applicants must meet all the English language proficiency requirements.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
October 21, 2019