The study program is designed to attract foreign students who want to pursue a master’s or research degree course at the university for the academic year 2020/21.
The University of Otago is granting the International Master’s Research funding for brightest candidates.
The University of Otago gives the research facilities environment by which students will learn new methods and apply in real-world situations and also increase the confidence of the students. There are many part-time or full-time opportunities available for the students.
Founded in 1869, the University of Otago has a higher education system based on the British education model. It provides quality of learning and advanced facilities for the students.
Masters Degree program.
Field of Study:
The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
The university will provide the amount of NZ$15,000 stipend per annum plus a tuition fee waiver for 1 year to the winning scholars.
International students can apply for this funding opportunity.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- a) The applicant’s academic record: In the case of an applicant for a doctoral scholarship who has completed a Master’s degree by papers and thesis (at least 0.75 EFTS), the grades of all relevant 2 advanced level papers counting towards the award of the degree and the thesis will be taken into account. An explanation of the time taken for completion of the thesis may be requested and considered by The grants and Prizes Committee if the thesis has taken more than 2 EFTS (2 full time years) to complete.
- In the case of an applicant for a scholarship without a Master’s degree including a thesis, the grades of all relevant 2 advanced level papers counting towards the award of the applicant’s most relevant degree will be taken into account.
- In the case of applicants whose prior qualifications have been awarded by other universities, the University shall calculate a GPA score using what it considers to be the most relevant 2 papers and grades provided on the applicant’s academic transcripts.
- Certificate of Proficiency and Pass/Fail papers will not be taken into account in the calculation.
- b) The applicant’s potential for, or record of, research.
- c) The advice, recommendation and/or ranking of the relevant Head of Department.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- You are required to apply for a master or research degree course at the University of Otago. Applicants should complete the application procedures online through the University’s website.
- While applying to the university, the candidates might be asked to submit their copies of curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, ECE, proof of identity, a detailed research proposal that shows you are familiar with current literature surrounding your topic, the name of the academic staff member who has agreed to be your supervisor.
- For admission, you are recommended to meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Candidates should check all the English language requirements when you come to study at the University of Otago.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Online Application: ◄–
Scholarship Link: ◄–
Applicants can apply anytime.