The School of Business MProfAcct award is a merit-based program available for new international students, who wish to pursue a master degree in a professional accounting degree program in New Zealand.
The University of Otago is offering a limited number of the Masters of Professional Accounting scholarships for international students to help in building a career as an accountant.
The University of Otago provides academic excellence and outstanding student experience for its students. It is ranking in the top 1% of universities in the world.
The University of Otago is New Zealand’s first university founded in 1869. It is divided into four academic divisions and has an international reputation for excellence and teaching.
Masters degree program.
Field of Study:
The award will be awarded for master degree in Professional Accounting subject offered by the university.
The University of Otago is offering ten (10) scholarships at the value of $10,000 each award.
Application of aspirants from all around the world are accepted.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- International students with any undergraduate degree, apart from Accounting, with grades equivalent to an NZ B average (GPA 3/4).
- Accounting graduates who studied their undergraduate degree in a foreign language may be considered for admission, and students who have work experience are welcome to apply.
- Students must have an unconditional offer by 5 pm, 31 October 2019 (NZ time). Applicants may be offered the program before 31 October, but if they have not met their conditions by this date, the program offer will be withdrawn.
- Current international students at the University of Otago are eligible to apply.
- Students who have been awarded another University of Otago scholarship are not eligible to be awarded this application .
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- There is no separate application process for this award. Applicants must receive an offer to enroll in the Master of Professional Accounting (MProfAcct) program at the University of Otago and submit the additional documents with an online login to be considered for the grant.
- Applicants must submit curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter outlining why you wish to study the MProfAcct at Otago and why you are an excellent candidate for this program.
- To apply, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of a B+ grade average.
- Students must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no band less than 6. Before starting the application, applicants must meet the University of Otago’s English Language requirements.
- For international students who intend to stay in New Zealand to work after graduation, may be eligible for a work visa under the Immigration New Zealand Study to Work category.
- Visit the immigration NZ website for student visa application information
Scholarship Official Web Links:
December 10, 2019 (Admission deadline: 31 October 2019 by 5 pm, NZ time.)