High achieving Australian and International participants are invited to apply for a PhD degree program at the University of New England in the year 2019-2020.
The Animal Genetics and Breeding Unit are presenting the International Scholarship opportunity for students who want to study at the University of New England in Australia.
The University of New England has a global reputation for its teaching quality. It offers more than $5 million in scholarships, prizes, and bursaries and also provides more than $18 million for staff and students who are involved in the research.
The University of New England was the first Australian university which was found outside a state capital city. It was established in 1938 and known as a public university in Australia.
Phd degree program.
Field of Study:
Pursuing a PhD degree program in the following areas;
- Next-generation genomic evaluation.
- Breeding for resilience and welfare traits.
- Design of breeding programs for Australian native fish.
- Evaluation of selection strategies in canola.
- Breeding program design and definition of breeding objectives.
- Implementing genomic selection in pig breeding programs.
- Genomic prediction of disease traits such as footrot in sheep.
- Analyses of industry selection lines in Merino sheep.
For Australian candidates, the bursary will provide a tax-stipend of AU$27,569 per annum. For international students, it will provide a tax-free stipend of $27,596 per annum and will also cover the cost of tuition fees and single standard overseas health insurance for 3 years.
Australian and overseas participants are eligible.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- An applicant must be interested in the above topics and be passionate about it.
- They must have the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- For being worthy to this opportunity, the candidates have to take admission in a PhD degree program at the university. After that, they can submit their fund application form online by mail or by Fax-
Mail– Research Services Directorate
TC Lamble Administration Building
University of New England
Armidale NSW 2351, Australia.
FAX- + 61 2 6773 3543
- The students address selection criteria in a cover letter and prepare a project proposal (maximum of 450 words) for their topic area(s) of interest.
- An ideal participant should have a master’s degree in the field of quantitative genetics and statistical modeling, sound computing skills, experience in the use of computer packages for statistical analysis and an interest in agriculture.
- The students should have sufficient oral and written English language proficiency.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
September 13, 2019.