You’re looking for a scholarship? This is a great opportunity for you. The University of Canterbury offers a Research Scholarship in Economics from an Auckland Council Chief Economist.
The research program is open for domestic students who need to be enrolled in a New Zealand university postgraduate study program. The primary objective of this grant is to support and encourage postgraduate work in urban economics or in a related field of particular relevance to New Zealand’s local government.
Canterbury University has its main campus in Ilam’s Christchurch suburb. It is the second-oldest university in New Zealand, which was founded in 1873 and ranked among the world’s top 500 universities.
Canterbury University gives students an excellent academic base to transform into an excellent career. Professional training resources, career guidance and work support can be found here.
Postgraduate degree plan.
Field of Study:
Any Postgraduate Degree offered by the University will be awarded the sponsorship.
Auckland Council may award one scholarship each year with a $4,000 award or two scholarships with a $2,000 award each.
Students at home and international level are entitled to apply
The conditions for qualification are as follows;
- Candidates must be enrolled in a postgraduate program at a New Zealand university at the time of application.
- Applicants can be either full-time or part-time students.
- The postgraduate program must be in or related to urban economics.
- Universities NZ and Auckland Council retain the right to assess a research area’s eligibility.
- The postgraduate program must require a thesis, dissertation or research report.
Applying procedure Instructions:
To applicants wishing to apply to scholarships, the following application guidance is intended:
- You must be admitted to the University. Nevertheless, if the award is administered by Universities NZ or another University department, an external website link will appear below and guidance for applications will be available through this page.
- Candidates must be prepared to submit all previous academic transcripts in order to apply.
- To apply this funded study, applicants must check the entry requirements.
- The use and interpretation of written and spoken English must be professional.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
5 March, 2020