The main object of the Fixed Term Next Generation studentship is promoting the career prospects of high-caliber individuals pursuing innovative research falling within the remit of the Centre, with particular reference to the trophoblast.
The University of Cambridge is inviting applications from the UK, EU and Overseas applicants to join CTR Next Generation Fellowship at the Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience.
Cambridge aims to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence.
The program is highly flexible to suit individual needs and enable the holder to develop as an independent researcher within a supportive and stimulating environment. The Center for Trophoblast Research (CTR) aims to fund PhD programs starting in October 2020.
PhD degree program.
Field of Study:
The PhD program will be awarded for research taught at university.
- The studentships will be awarded on a competitive basis. The funds are available for 3 years in the first instance and may be held in any department within the University or its affiliated institutes.
- The program will give a personal salary on the Research Associate scale (Grade 7 point 40-48, £31302-£39609 depending on research experience), justified research consumables, essential equipment and conference travel.
- Winning candidates will be free and genuinely encouraged to apply for additional funds from other sources.
- Fellows will be expected to fully contribute to the activities of the Centre and their host department.
Aspirants from any nationality are eligible.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Candidates should normally be within 5 years of the award of their PhD (due allowance will be made for those whose career has been affected for personal reasons).
- Applicants must display evidence of academic excellence, a strong research record, and the ability to perform independent research.
- The Fellowships are open to UK, EU and overseas graduates.
- Applications addressing the Grand Challenges identified by the Centre will be particularly welcomed.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- To apply, candidates should submit a fully-costed research proposal using the CTR form. All documents with the application form must be posted to the following address:
Centre for Trophoblast Research,
Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK
Note: Quote reference PM20936 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
- Applicants are required to submit a copy of their CV and the names of 2 referees
- Application Candidates should first identify a mentor from the list of Principal Investigators within the Centre, and discuss their research plans with them.
- Applicants must have English language proficiency in writing, speaking, and reading.
Scholarship Official Web Links: