The main purpose of this annual program is to attract international students to pursue a research doctoral degree in the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences at the University of Auckland.
Do you want to support your PhD study in New Zealand? Apply for the Dean’s International Doctoral Scholarship (FMHS) awarded by the University of Auckland Council in New Zealand.
Study in Auckland FMHS gives you a chance to discover what life as a student could be like when you choose to study at the Faculty of MHS. It opens up a wealth of clinical, non-clinical and academic career opportunities.
FMHS is committed to improving the health of local, national and global communities through excellence in teaching, research, service and engagement. It provides you with a range of the best education and research options for your chosen career in health.
Phd degree program.
Field of Study:
The program is available for PhD study in the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences (FMHS) at the University of Auckland.
The university will provide up to three scholarships, each for a period of up to three years, and will include:
- A fortnightly stipend of up to $27,900 per annum in 2019
- An annual cost of living adjustment to the stipend value,
- Compulsory fees,
- Compulsory international student health cover and
- A one-off relocation grant of $3,000
Applications are welcomed from all international students around the globe.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- If you are applying for a PhD or named doctorate at the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, check out the entire step-by-step guide for doctoral applications, admission and enrollment.
- Before you apply you will need to 1) prepare electronic copies of your doctoral application documents such as your Academic transcripts, Statement of Research Intent and CV (resume), 2) Arrange your Doctoral Referee Reports, and 3) Research and publication history
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- Doctor of Medicine, requires a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, or equivalent medical degree, and at least five years’ experience in medical practice.
- Language Requirement: If your first language is not English you may be asked to provide evidence of your English proficiency in written and spoken English.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Doctoral applications may be submitted at any time of the year.