The University of Newcastle is offering Catherine and Peter Tay for Singapore Alumni (follow on) Scholarship. The scholarship is available for international students.
This scholarship was established in 2018 by Catherine and Peter Tay from Singapore. It is a continuing demonstration of appreciation those 50 years earlier in 1968; Dr Peter Tay received his undergraduate education for a double degree.
The University of Newcastle through a Colombo Plan Scholarship from the Australian Government. That scholarship became a stepping stone in Peter’s life-long achievements and helped him to become what he is today.
Field of Study:
Scholarship is awarded to study Engineering and Economics.
The scholarship is available for $4,000.
The scholarship is available to international students.
• Entrance Requirement: To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
• Be a past recipient of the Singapore Alumni Scholarship.
• Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle.
• Be enrolled full-time.
• Demonstrate that you are affected by educational disadvantages, such as the carer or sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long-term medical condition, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
• Demonstrate academic achievement by having a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or higher.
• If successful, be willing to submit an essay of approximately 400 words on Singapore and one or more aspects of its people, economy, geography, history, culture, political system etc.
• Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
Applying procedure Instructions:
If documentation is not provided with your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
• A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) outlining your experience of educational disadvantage and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
• Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, centre link income statement). A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/disadvantage-supporting-docs
• A paragraph outlining how you used your past Singapore Alumni Scholarship and how it helped you with your studies.
• TIPS: Limit supporting documents to a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only. You may need to combine as one pdf for upload and include your name and student number (if you have one) in the document.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
March 6, 2019.