The program is open for both Australian and international students, who want to study a PhD degree coursework for the academic year 2020/21.
RMIT University is pleased to announce the PhD Scholarship in Computational Soft Condensed Matter Physics for the high achieving candidates in Australia.
By attending RMIT University, students will acquire an excellent learning environment based on internships, placements and graduate schemes can help make you better prepared for life after graduation.
RMIT University is a global research university based in Melbourne, Victoria. It has an enrollment of around 87,000 higher and vocational education students and aims to provide the best academic skills to succeed in their chosen career.
PhD degree program.
Field of Study:
PhD degree in Computational Soft Condensed Matter Physics.
The university will provide the award amount of $5000 per year for 3 years.
Aspirants from all nationalities are eligible to apply.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Have a first-class Honours Degree (or equivalent Masters by Research) in physics, applied mathematics, chemistry, engineering or a related discipline.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or a self-funded international student.
- be capable of and interested in using theoretical and computational methods to solve soft condensed matter problems.
- preferably possess strong background knowledge in thermal and statistical physics.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- For being a part of this program, claimants are required to be registered as a PhD degree student at the university. After taking confirmation, seekers need to contact Professor Peter Daivis.
- Copy of your passport if available English translations of all documents, syllabus (if applying for credit), resume or curriculum vitae (CV), personal statement, references from employers, Letter from scholarship provider, research proposal with two research supervisors names and list of prior research publications for Master by research and PhD program applications must be submitted.
- Candidates must have a grade academic achievement of 70% or higher and a high distinction is 80% or higher.
- International applicants who have completed studies overseas are required to provide current evidence of English language proficiency through one of the following: an accepted English language proficiency test, an accepted English language provider and a recognised qualification .
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Applications are now open.