The purpose of the program is to provide financial assistance to international students for a postgraduate or master’s program and doctoral candidates at any German universities and colleges.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung is offering Fully-Funded international awards to supports foreign students in Germany.
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) goal is to take responsibility as future leaders and active citizens in politics, business, science, media, culture and society. They support particularly gifted and committed young people with a scholarship.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is committed to peace, freedom and justice through political education nationally and internationally. It is one of the largest gifted education organizations in Germany.
Postgraduate or Master and PhD degree programs.
Field of Study:
Awards are accessible for seeking after postgraduate (masters and doctoral research) in all subjects and research areas.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) will provide all the following benefits: The amount and duration of the financial support depend on the study objective.
- The funding should be at least three semesters for postgraduate studies or doctoral studies.
- Graduates (master and postgraduate students) will receive a monthly grant of € 850,
- Doctoral candidates will receive a monthly award of €1.200
- At the university, Tuition fees may be reimbursed up to € 500/ per semester. Though, only costs for courses related to the study or doctoral project are recognized.
- Also, they will pay several grants and subsidies: up to an amount of €120
- For children travelling with them, a monthly child allowance of €194
- Family allowance: A family allowance of €276, – can be paid if the spouse stays in Germany for more than three months, his monthly income does not exceed the amount of €450, and you live together in an apartment.
- Subsidize research trips by doctoral students abroad, but not for visiting scientific congresses and symposium.
- Subsidize the costs of health and long-term care insurance on application
- After completing their studies or completing their doctorate, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung expects their former scholarship holders to work for the benefit and development of relations between their home country and the Federal Republic of Germany.
International students are qualified to apply for these grants.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- International students and doctoral candidates who have already completed their studies in their home country and complete a further study (postgraduate program / Master), a doctorate or at least a two-semester research stay at a German university.
- Students should have above-average academic achievements,
- Should have a broad general education and a keen interest in political issues,
- Applicants must have a positive attitude towards democracy and human rights,
- Candidates have also actively involved in other countries and their communities through voluntary work,
- Candidates must be able to develop their point of view and to practice tolerance towards dissenters,
- Students should be highly motivated and convince with your plans and potential.
- Students of medicine must already have successfully passed the preliminary medical examination or have achieved comparable academic progress abroad. This also applies to students from the field of pharmacy. You should already have passed the 1st Pharmaceutical Examination successfully or have demonstrated a comparable degree.
- Human or dental specialist training, as well as research stays of postgraduates, cannot be funded.
- Unfortunately, if you already have a doctorate, we cannot promote you.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
Applications will open on December 1, 2019, for 15 January 2020, deadline. There are two ways to apply:
- 1) You have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship from the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung abroad at the respective foreign office.
- 2) If you are already in Germany, you can apply for the selection procedure in the Federal Republic directly from them.
To get this opportunity, applicants need to enter in an online application at and upload the required documents.
- Tabular curriculum vitae, Copies of previous exam certificates, Copies of your certificates from German universities, Proof of your German language skills, Informal university teacher’s report, Informal Personality Report, Declaration of Acceptance or Enrollment Certificate, and Two photographs. For a doctorate also submit- a detailed explanation of the dissertation topic and another informal university teacher assessment.
- Applicants should not be older than 30 at the time of application.
- Adequate info of the German dialect is mandatory for all researchers regardless of whether the courses of their study are taught in English (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Interested parties can apply each January 15 or July 15 of each year.