The award is available for both domestic and international aspirants who want to pursue a graduate or research degree coursework at the Monash University in Malaysia.
To assist you in covering your full tuition fee and support your education expenses, the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences is providing you with this Graduate Research Merit Scholarship.
At Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Students will acquire both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of medical and health sciences. They will take benefit from a diverse range of study options and a supportive environment at JCSMHS.
Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences (JCSMHS) is a part of Monash University that offers many undergraduate and postgraduate courses to choose from, you’ll have great flexibility to shape your career.
Postgraduate and PhD degree programs.
Field of Study:
The Graduate Research degree program will be awarded in Diabetes and cardio-metabolic diseases, Infection and Immunity, Neurosciences and mental health, Public health and health systems improvement, Microbiome and bio resources, Neuropharmacology, Digital Health, Nutrition and nutraceuticals offered by the university
The University covers 100% of the tuition fees, plus a living allowance as follows:
- Masters by Research – RM2,600/month (up to 24 months of candidature).
- Doctor of Philosophy – RM2,600/month (up to 42 months of candidature).
Malaysian and International candidates are eligible to apply for the opportunity.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- A bachelor’s degree requiring at least 4 years of full-time study which includes a significant research component in the fourth year from a recognized institution.
- Completion of Postgraduate Diploma in Biomedical Science with an honors degree.
- A master’s degree in a related discipline, including a significant research component, at least equivalent to an Australian honors degree.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- To be considered for this studentship, candidates must have to make an application for admission in a Graduate Research degree program at the Monash University. After taking admission, candidates will automatically consider for the studentships.
- The applicants must have to submit a research proposal of 2-3 pages, a cover letter and CV.
- For admission, it is normally expected that a grade of honors 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Applicants must bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field.
- You should check all the English language requirements when you come to study at Monash University.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Domestic students: October 31
International students: August 31