The grant is available for those brilliant students who wish to undertake the PhD or masters degree coursework at the university in session 2019-2020.
Want to be financially secure for your education? Good News! Monash University is pleased to announce the Faculty Funded Scholarships for the aspirants from Australia and all over the globe
At Monash University, you can develop the skills you need to stand out in the job market. They make you flexible, talented, capable and enthusiastic which helps you in the professional world.
Monash University is a public research university that was founded in 1958 in Australia. It has a number of campuses four of which are in Victoria and one in Malaysia and it is a second oldest university in the state of Victoria.
Postgraduate degree programs.
Field of Study:
Masters of arts or PhD degree at the university.
There are three scholarship types available within this scheme:
- Faculty of Arts Research Living Allowance (FARLA): The grant provides a living allowance for a Research Training Program.
- Faculty of Arts Research Scholarship (FARS): The educational bursary will help students by giving living allowance stipend for 12 months during the Research Training program.
- Faculty of Arts International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FAIRPS): The award covers the cost of international fees and single overseas student Health cover.
Australia, New Zealand, and all the international students are eligible to apply.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- For Doctoral of Philosophy: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent, master’s degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component including a thesis leading to an honors 1 or 2A in a relevant field, a grade of honors 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project and have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- For Masters of Arts: Claimants must have a four-year Australian or New Zealand bachelor’s degree, an Australian or New Zealand master’s preliminary qualification with a significant research component, and qualifications or experience that GRC considers to be equivalent for the above
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- Firstly, aspirants have to take admission to the Masters of Arts or Doctoral of Philosophy at Monash University. Further, you have to fill the Expression of Interest Form which is a key requirement of the application process and submitted to the Arts Graduate Research Office. After that, seekers can access the research application form.
- The university may ask you for a complete academic transcript, CV/ Resume, and research proposal
- For being enlisted, applicants are requested to hold the bachelor degree honors 1 or 2A, masters degree including at least 25% of one full-time equivalent year of work(for PhD degree) and bachelor’s or masters degree with an overall result of a minimum upper H2B(for Masters of Arts)
- In order to take a degree at the university, candidates must meet the English Language requirements of the university.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
- For international students – August 31, 2019,
- For domestic students – October 31, 2019