The Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship.
The Maastricht University High Potential Scholarship program offers 24 full scholarships of €29.000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU) who have been admitted to a Master’s program at Maastricht University.
Maastricht University is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with 16,300 students and 4,300 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master’s Degree program.
Field of Study:
The masters degree program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
The scholarship covers living expenses (€12,350 – 13 months; €23,750 – 25 months), health and liability insurance (€700), visa application costs (€171), tuition fee (€13,800, €15,500 or €16,800, depending on the tuition of your study program), and per academic training costs (€695)
The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Master’s program – 13 months for a one-year master’s program and 25 months for a two-year master’s program.
Aspirants from all over the globe are eligible.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- • You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s program at Maastricht University for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please click below for a full list of the Master’s programs participating in this scholarship program.
- • You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s program to which you have applied.
- • You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education program, a primary education program, or secondary education program in the Netherlands. Students who completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- • You are not over 35 years of age on 1 September 2020.
- • You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programs, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, we will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2020/21 scholarship program applicants.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number which you will need in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. You must then fill in the application form, upload the required documents, and submit your application online.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Online Application: ◄–
Scholarship Link: ◄–
February 1, 2020