The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities is delighted announce Postdoctoral Fellowships in Nuclear Physics for the 2019–2020 academic year. Fellowships are awarded to Permanent residents of Israel.
The goal of the postdoctoral fellowships in nuclear physics established by The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities is to expand and enhance academic excellence in this discipline in Israel.
Chartered by law in 1961, the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities acts as a national focal point for Israeli scholarship in both the natural sciences and the humanities. The Academy consists of approximately 115 of Israel’s most distinguished scientists and scholars, who, with the help of the Academy’s staff and committees, monitor and promote Israeli intellectual excellence, advise the government on scientific planning, fund and publish research of lasting merit, and maintain active contact with the broader international scientific and scholarly community.
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral program.
Field of Study:
Fellowships are awarded in the field of nuclear physics.
The fellowship for the 2019–2020 academic year totals NIS 160,000 and is awarded for one year of study abroad, to be devoted entirely to nuclear physics research. Awardees may ask for the grant to be dispensed over the course of two years.
Fellowships are awarded to Permanent residents of Israel.
Candidates who meet the following criteria may submit applications:
- Permanent resident of Israel
- Holder of a PhD in physics earned after March 1, 2016, from an Israeli institute of higher education who has not yet had a postdoctoral position abroad, or a student currently writing a doctoral dissertation and expecting to receive the degree prior to June 1, 2019.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Documents to be submitted (in PDF or Word format only):
- Application form (available for downloading on the Academy website).
- Copy of Israeli identity card.
- CV and list of publications. (CV format may be downloaded from Academy website. Please send the CV only in this format).
- A list of articles based on the candidate’s doctoral dissertation; if they are still unpublished; please attach them.
- Two letters of recommendation (one of them from the candidate’s dissertation supervisor), to be sent directly by the writers to Dr. Menny Kirma (at Menny-at-academy.ac.il).
- A letter from the academic host at the institution where the post doctorate will take place, confirming that the student has been accepted for postdoctoral work in her/his group and setting out the research program to be carried out in his/her lab.
- The proposed research program for the post doctorate (up to three pages).
Scholarship Official Web Links:
March 3, 2019.