Each year the Government of Canada offers 166 scholarships for higher studies in Canada. As continuing this scheme, the Government of Canada is activating the Vanier Canada graduate funding opportunities (Vanier CGS) program.
This program is designed to attract highly qualified International students from across the country and abroad for pursuing a doctoral degree program at any institution in Canada.
The Government of Canada is the federal administration of Canada. Its monarch is personally represented by the Governor General of Canada.
Through this program, students have the opportunity to complete their doctoral studies with the help in the education cost and academic facilities. They will build a bright future and also creates a positive impact on society.
PhD degree program.
Field of Study:
They can apply for doctoral studies at any Canadian university.
The educational fund will provide $50,000 per year for this three years degree level course.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Not hold a faculty appointment concurrently with a Vanier Scholarship unless they arrange for a leave of absence from the appointment
- Remain enrolled and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress in their doctoral program.
- Not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- Not be concurrently holding any other SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR training award (note: Michael Smith Foreign Studies Supplement excepted).
Applying procedure Instructions:
- If you want to apply for the grant, then you must have to follow all the instruction of applying to the program and to the grant.
- Copy of academic transcripts, resume or curriculum vitae, copy of the passport, language ability proof, details of referees, a research proposal, and some additional information should be submitted.
- A successful candidate must have achieved a minimum of 80%, or equivalent, in each of the last two completed years of full-time study, or equivalent to full-time study.
- If your country language is not English, so you have to show your English language proficiency through TOEFL or IELTS test.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
- September 30th for Western application submission deadline in ResearchNet
- October 31 for universities to submit nominated applications to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat