Google is offering Software Engineering Internship, Research, for the year 2019. Interns must be currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in Computer Science or a related technical field. Interns must have relevant industry work experience and/or experience as a researcher in a lab.
Research and Machine Intelligence is a high impact team that’s building the next generation of intelligence and language understanding for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest techniques in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (including Deep Learning approaches like Google Brain) and Natural Language Understanding. We impact products across Google including Search, Maps and Google Now.
We strive to be the best and the brightest in the fields of Research and Machine Intelligence and we’re looking for talented software engineers that have applied experience to join our team.
Field of Study:
Internship is awarded in the field of Software Engineering.
This is a paid internship program.
This internship is available for international students.
Internship can be taken in Accra, Ghana (By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Zürich, Switzerland; Berlin, Germany; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel; Haifa, Israel; Accra, Ghana; Paris, France)
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience (classroom or work related) in Natural Language Understanding, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Data Mining and/or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C++ or Python.
- Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as author) at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Relevant industry work experience and/or experience as a researcher in a lab.
- Demonstrated publication record, with four or more publications at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Ability to design and execute on research agendas.
Google team will review applications on a rolling basis and it’s in your best interests to apply early.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The mode of application is online.
Internship Official Web Links:
Internship application deadline is January 18, 2019.