This program will give you an opportunity to collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on their core products and services as well as those which support key functions of our engineering operations.
Depending on your background and experience, you will be working in one of the following areas: Product and Systems Development, Engineering Productivity, and Site Reliability.
As an intern, your responsibilities are:
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve challenges.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
Google is thrilled to announce the 2019 Software Engineering Intern, MS, Fall Program 2019 that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building.
This is a unique opportunity intended for candidates who are eligible for work authorization in computer science upon completing their education.
Field of Study:
This is a paid internship program.
Internship is available for American students.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms gathered from- completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
- Experience in Software Development and coding in a general-purpose programming language.
- Authorization to legally work in the United States.
- Returning to or enrolling in a Master’s degree program after completion of the internship.
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and write in English.
Applying procedure Instructions:
To apply, you will need to provide the following information:
- By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Palo Alto, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA
- For internship opportunities in the location where you are eligible for work authorization, check com/students.
Internship Official Web Links:
Applications are due by June 27, 2019, at 11:59 pm PT. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and it’s in the candidate’s best interest to apply early.