Google is now offering multiple internship opportunities for all students who have a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, other technical degree or equivalent practical experience and Master or PhD in a technical field.
As part of the Google Technology Solution (GTS) Data and Business Intelligence team, you will help build out a data platform that will support our users in Google Cloud business and the needs of executives for data and insights.
As an Application Data Engineer, you will develop solutions to high visibility data challenges in one of the fastest growing businesses within Google.
At Google, they work at lightning speed. So when things get in the way of progress, the Business Systems Integration team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company.
You listen to and translate Googler needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with Google executives to ensure smooth implementation. Whether battling large system processes or leveraging their homegrown suite of Google products for Googlers themselves, you help Googlers work faster and more efficiently.
You will do as an intern:
- Design and implement data transforms to build the data warehouse for Cloud Business Systems.
- Design, build, launch, optimize and extend full-stack Big Data and business intelligence solutions spanning extraction, storage, transformation and visualization layers.
- Improve the data stack using the latest and greatest innovations in Google’s internal and external Google Cloud Platform stack.
- Partner with User teams and other Engineering/Product teams on development, support issues, process issues, bug fixes and delivery of enhancements using an agile approach.
Field of Study:
Internship is available for Data Engineer, Business Intelligence, and Google Cloud.
This is a paid internship program.
Internship is only for Americans.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, other technical degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience developing business big data solutions, including data-modeling, data architecture, data platform development and optimization.
- Experience building Business Intelligence/Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) solutions using SQL or similar query language.
- Programming experience in Python or Java and SQL
- Master’s degree or PhD in a technical field.
- Experience working with web-scale databases and building scalable data pipelines capable of aggregating and processing millions of events per day on Cloud Platforms.
- Experience in analytics and machine learning.
- Experience implementing CRM domain use cases (e.g. sales, marketing, customers).
Applying procedure Instructions:
To apply, you will need to apply online.
Internship Official Web Links:
You can submit up to 3 applications every 30 days.