A PhD position for an outstanding PhD student is available in the Center for Molecular Modeling at Ghent University. The PhD student will work towards a doctoral degree under the supervision of Prof. An Ghysels through the doctoral school’s program of Ghent University.
The Ghent University is a public research university located in Ghent, Belgium. It was established in 1817 by King William I of the Netherlands. After the Belgian revolution of 1830, the newly formed Belgian state began to administer the university.
PhD research program.
Field of Study:
Scholarships are awarded to study modelling membrane permeability at Ghent University.
Belgium and International students.
Entrance Requirements: We are seeking exceptionally qualified and motivated applicants for this position. Students with high grades and research experience in their B.Sc. and M.Sc. studies are strongly preferred.
(1) The PhD student should have excellent skills in physics/mathematics/statistics (for method development),
(2) The student should have an interest in dealing with large data (computational tools for generating and analyzing data of complex molecular systems). A large experience with statistics and programming (e.g. python) is necessary.
(3) The PhD student should have (or should develop) a strong interest in statistical physics, biophysics or material physics, programming, scientific communication, assistance in teaching.
(4) Candidates should have an open attitude towards learning research skills.
(5) Language: Fluency in English, good communication skills (written and oral), and sufficient social aptitude to integrate in a diverse research group.
The application should include:
- A detailed resume (personal information with biography, education & grades, publications)
- A letter of motivation, – transcripts of B.Sc. and M.Sc. courses and grades,
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae with a complete biography,
- A list of two professors who have supervised you in your B.Sc. and/or M.Sc. research project and who are willing to provide a letter of recommendation (the letter itself has not to be sent at this point).
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
December 17, 2018.