Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Their 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46+ offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale.
What you will do during this internship
- You will have an exciting opportunity to work on architecture projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team, participating in design charrettes and learning sessions focused on delivering a successful project for our clients, large or small.
- In addition to hands-on learning, you will experience educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include lectures, project tours, vendor visits and a group project.
- You will also enjoy the rich culture of our firm and the broader office community through a number of events and learning opportunities focused on supporting your professional licensure efforts.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. They are pleased to offer the 2019 Student Summer Internship in Architecture. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
As an intern in Gensler’s Portland office, you will join their creative student environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning approximately June 3, 2019 and ending August 9, 2019. You must be available for the entire duration of the program.
Field of Study:
Internship is available for Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
This is a paid internship program.
Internship Open for International Students.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture; NAAB accredited program highly preferred
- You have completed your third year of an under-graduate program or first year of a graduate program
- You are returning to your program after the internship and will be graduating within one year
- You submit an online portfolio that demonstrates design process and innovative design solutions (PDF format with 2-4 work samples)
- Experience using Revit required, AutoCAD, and/or BIM modeling software a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- 3-D computer rendering skills (Sketch Up, 3-D Max, and/or other modeling software)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Hand sketching ability a plus
Applying procedure Instructions:
To apply, you will need to provide the following information:
- Submit an online application on Gensler.com/Careers, including a resume, cover letter, and portfolio, including work samples (PDF 10 MB max in total).
- Submissions without a portfolio/work samples will not be considered.
Internship Official Web Links:
This posting will remain open until February 28, 2019.