Applications are invited for 4-year PhD Scholarship in Tumour Biology at Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute in Australia. Scholarships are awarded to Australian Permanent Resident, International students, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, Australian Citizen and New Zealand Citizen.
The Curtin University is an Australian public research university based in Bentley and Perth, Western Australia. The university is named after the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, John Curtin, and is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 58,000 students.
Field of Study:
Scholarship is awarded in Tumour Biology.
Scholarship worth $27,082 per annum (2018 RTP rate) is available.
Australian Permanent Resident, International students, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, Australian Citizen and New Zealand Citizen.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be able to commit to four year tenure, full-time enrolment.
- Be located in Western Australia
- Possess a relevant postgraduate (Honours or Masters) university degree, this may include, but is not limited to the fields of genetics, molecular cell biology and/or biochemistry.
- Have demonstrated knowledge and experience with molecular biology techniques, including western blots and cell culture.
- Provide evidence of strong oral and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to work independently as well as part of a research team.
- Meet Curtin University’s PhD entry requirements: https://futurestudents.curtin.edu.au/research/apply/admission/
Applying procedure Instructions:
Interested applicants should email an expression of interest to Associate Professor Pieter Eichhorn (pieter.eichhorn-at-curtin.edu.au)and include:
- Cover letter (including a brief background of your current studies and academic achievements, interest in the area and personal goals related to the research)
- Academic transcripts
Please use the subject header:
Application: PhD Scholarship in Tumour Biology
This scholarship is subject to approval of admission at Curtin in the HDR course.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
December 31, 2018