Grant is open to international students in order to pursue a Master of Science in Data Journalism or Dual Degree in a Master of Science in Computer Science and Journalism. This is a three-semester program that provides the hands-on training needed to tell deeply reported data-driven stories in the public interest.
Gain skills and advance your career in the field of journalism by applying for this “Pulitzer Africa Data Journalism Scholarship” offered by the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
At Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, candidates have many options to make their career at a higher level. The school supports student’s professional growth and offers them numerous outstanding employment opportunities.
Founded in 1912, Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism is one of the oldest schools in the world. It provides a variety of dual degrees and masters degree programs in the respective fields.
Masters degree program.
Field of Study:
Master of Science in Data Journalism or Dual Degree in Master of Science in Computer Science and Journalism.
The University will provide up to $150,000 for a student, who is a resident of a country in Africa admitted to either the M.S. in Data Journalism or the dual Master of Science program in Computer Science and Journalism.
Applications are open for students of African countries.
The eligibility criteria is as follows;
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. university or its equivalent from another country, awarded by the summer of the year that you begin classes, is required.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- Candidates must be registered as a master’s student at Columbia University. Thereafter, they can apply through the online application system.
- Curriculum Vitae, official transcripts, Journalistic or written work samples, three letters of recommendation and GRE scores must be submitted with your application.
- For admission, applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree
- Students should check all the English language requirements when you come to study at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
- Master of Science in Data Journalism: December 15.
- Dual Degree in Master of Science in Computer Science and Journalism: January 15.