These awards are designed to support both U.S. and international students in more deeply engaging with leading research in global health at the University.
Get an opportunity to support your research study through this College Global Health Research Scholars Program provided by the College of the University of Chicago in the USA.
At College of the University of Chicago, students can take advantage of study skills workshops and other services. They can advance their academic skills for achieving success in many contexts.
Founded in 1892, The College of the University of Chicago has across all graduate divisions and schools for its 6,801 students. It offers a wide range of research and other degree programs for the students.
PhD degree program.
Field of Study:
The research degree program will be awarded in global health.
The Scholars will receive a $5,000 grant for two-quarters of research. Grants will be awarded in two quarterly installments of $2,500, across two concurrent quarters.
The U.S. and international candidates are eligible to apply for the grant.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- Applicants must be matriculated College students in good standing and registered full-time during the award period. This grant program is open to U.S. citizens, international students, DACA and undocumented students.
- Open to all majors, however, the research project must be related to global health.
- Applicants do not need to be already engaged in research with faculty to be eligible to apply. Students in the planning stages of their research with their faculty mentor or who have just been accepted to join a faculty-directed project are eligible to apply. They will be expected to effectively articulate the plan and the direction of their project. Their faculty mentor will also be required to approve their grant application proposal.
- Students must be working on UChicago faculty-directed research projects; College Global Health Research grants do not fund BA thesis or independent research projects (see below).
- Students must apply during the application cycle that most closely corresponds with the first quarter they will begin (or continue) their research. Applications will not be considered in the first pre-fall application cycle if the research goes on hiatus or does not begin until the winter quarter, spring or summer quarter.
- GPAs will be reviewed at the time of application and strong academic performance is expected.
- Preference is given to academic-year projects or a project that straddles an academic year quarter and summer. Summer-only proposals will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- Applicants are required to apply for the research degree Thereafter, they can apply for the grant through the application form.
- CV, Letter of recommendation from your primary research mentor, an unofficial copy of your most recent transcript, research proposal, must be submitted.
- For admission, candidates must have a graduate degree from any recognized university.
- Candidates must meet the English language requirements.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
December 16, 2019.