The New F-1 International Student award is available to new CLC F-1 visa holding international students in the USA. Students from many various backgrounds experience College of Lake County as a place that nurtures community and personal achievement.
College of Lake County is a great place for international students to study! You can receive a $1,000 award as a New F-1 Visa Student to study at College of Lake County for an academic year.
College of Lake County wishes to prospective international students to have a positive experience. It utilizes partnerships with organizations all over the world in order to assist in our recruitment efforts of international students.
College of Lake County is a two-year public community college in Grayslake, IL. Whether it’s your goal to start your studies at College of Lake County and then transfer to a top university, or experience the excitement of living near Chicago, change your life, you can start your success with College of Lake County.
Undergraduate degree program.
Field of Study:
The award will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
The college will provide $1,000 award that will be applied to your tuition expenses for Fall ($500) and Spring ($500) semesters. Grant awards are non-transferable and must be used for the semester and for the campus for which you are accepted.
Applications are accepted form International students who hold an F-1 visa.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
- All new international students are required to attend the New International Student Orientation held the week before classes begin each semester. This two-day program includes important information about the college and community, health care, adjusting to the American culture and maintaining F-1 visa status.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0 and full-time status.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
To apply for this offer, you must complete all the following and submit by emailing documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the F-1 Student Application (It must be signed and dated by the student applicant.)
- Submit Affidavit of Financial Support
- Complete New F-1 Visa application
- To show proof of successful completion of high school or secondary exam certificate results, must submit official English-translated diploma or certificate.
- Official bank letter or statement from the applicant’s or sponsor’s bank verifying at least $22,216 US dollars (equivalent). Letter/statement must be written on official letterhead, including – Date (current within 6 months), Account holder’s name, and current balance.
- All international students are required to enroll in CLC’s international student insurance policy.
- College of Lake County accepts TOEFL OR IELTS scores as proof of language proficiency for placement in college-level classes: TOEFL: 71 or above – IBT, internet-based OR IELTS: 6.0 or above – Academic Format
Scholarship Official Web Links:
July 1st – Fall Semester, November 1st – Spring Semester, and April 1st – Summer Session (transfer students only).