This is the merit base award open to supporting international students who are admitted or plan to admit to full-time government-funded bachelor’s degree programs in Hong Kong.
The City University of Hong Kong is offering applications for the Entrance Scholarship Scheme for foreign students with excellent academic performance.
At City University of Hong Kong, they provide professional education to prepare students for the challenges and exciting opportunities throughout the world. It offers overs 120 academic awards to support study at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Founded in 1984, City University of Hong Kong has five colleges and four schools and it ranks 15th in Asia by THE. City University of Hong Kong is one of eight government-funded degree-granting tertiary institutions.
Undergraduate degree program.
Field of Study:
The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
The Award Scheme will offer three types of grants as the following
- Top Scholarships of HK$180,000 (approximately US$23,000), covering annual tuition fees, on-campus accommodation, and living expenses
- Full tuition grants, covering annual tuition fees (approximately US$18,000)
- Half tuition grants, covering half of the annual tuition fees (approximately US$9,000).
Note: Students are required to attain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.2 or above every year during the period study for renewing the award.
Aspirants from all nationalities are welcome.
The eligibility criteria are as follows;
Applicants must be admitted to a full-time government-funded bachelor’s degree program.
Applying procedure Instructions:
The following application guidance is intended for candidates who wish to apply for the scholarships:
- Applicants are required to apply online for a Government-Funded Bachelor’s Degree Programs. Due to keen competition, early applications are strongly encouraged.
- Applicants should present the original certificates/official certification of your qualifications as stated in your application (e.g. official transcripts, award certificates, English test results and official certified English translations where applicable) for verification before starting your studies.
- Before starting for a course must check the fill admission requirement.
- Applicants are required to meet the English language proficiency requirement.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 2, 2020.