Up to 70 British Council India: Women in STEM Scholarships are now available on offer which will fund full tuition to study a Master’s program at a UK HEI in STEM subjects for the academic year 2019-20.
British Council’s investment in women scholars supports Indian Prime Minister Modi’s shift to women-led development and also supports its objectives as below Sustainable Development Goal to achieve gender equality and empower women and girls and Women who are likely to become leaders in their fields over the next twenty year.
Scholarships are available to study Master degree program.
Field of Study:
Eligible WMG Master’s courses include:
- MSc Manufacturing Systems Engineering and Management
- MSc Sustainable Automotive Engineering
- MSc Smart, Connected, and Autonomous Vehicles
- MSc Cyber Security Engineering
- MSc International Technology Management
- MSc Engineering Business Management
£1 million scholarship program announced by the British Council will fund full tuition for 70 Indian women to study a Master’s program at a UK HEI in STEM subjects for the academic year 2019-20.
The scholarships are open to women across India.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The scholarships are open to women across India
- The scholarships will cover full tuition only for Master’s in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), program in a UK HEI starting September 2019
- The duration for the Master’s program should be one year of study
- Living and other related expenses will be borne by the candidate or their sponsor
- In order to meet our academic entry requirement, you should have obtained the equivalent of a UK first or good second class honours degree in a science, engineering, IT, business or management discipline.There are some differences in the requirements for each course, so please see the ‘Entry requirements’ section on individual course pages for entry requirements to your chosen program.
English Language Requirements:
If you are a non-native English speaker you will need to submit an English test result equivalent to IELTS 6.5 with broadly consistent scores in the elements of the test. For MSc (not pre-sessional) entry we accept IELTS (Academic), TOEFL iBT, Pearson Test in English (Academic), Cambridge Advanced (CAE), and Cambridge Proficiency (CPE).
For entry onto the pre-sessional English course, we usually require the new IELTS for UKVI test so advise you to take the UKVI IELTS wherever possible.
If your MSc offer is otherwise unconditional, the above test results may also be accepted for a combined pre-sessional plus MSc offer.
We do not recognize any other English testing system and we do not carry out English proficiency interviews as a substitute for English test results.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Female candidates interested in studying in 2019 should apply to their chosen WMG Master’s course as soon as possible if they would like to be nominated for the Women in STEM scholarship.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
Scholarship Link: ◄–
January 7, 2019.