Aston University offers PhD grants (Bio processing and Functional Magnetic Nanomaterials) that are sponsored by the School of Engineering and Applied Science to promote candidates in the UK to progress their professional careers.
A three-year postgraduate student’s degree or equivalent credential in bio / chemical engineering, biotechnology or any other related area is required for applicants.
Aston University is a research-led university that has long been established. It has recognized the quality of its world-class teaching and a secure relationship with companies and career paths.
Aston University is devoted to the ideals of the Athena SWAN Charter, just acknowledged through a respected EAS Silver Award. At university, they are proud of their lively, positive, helpful community and work environment.
PhD degree plan.
Field of Study:
The grant will be granted in any university’s degree subject.
- The PhD career is a funded 3-year PhD studentship, which provides support for expenses to offset the normal home / EU university fees. Scholars also receive a monthly maintenance fee.
- The status is open for negotiation to begin in April, July or October 2020.
- The successful candidate would enter an existing collaborative community to develop functional and biologically purified materials for healthcare and biotechnology applications.
The program is eligible to all nationalities.
The conditions for qualification are as follows;
- Candidates from the EU / UK are qualifying.
- BSc or MSc in Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Environmental Science or such like.
- Skill in experimental research, Microsoft Office intermediate use and use of statistical analytical tools.
- Knowledge / experience fermentation science, microbiology, bio analytical techniques and nanotechnologies are favored in one or more of the following disciplines.
- Bioreactor, fermentation or genetic engineering expertise is an advantage.
Applying procedure Instructions:
To applicants wishing to apply to scholarships, the following application guidance is intended:
- If you are willing to participate in an Aston University PhD project, please read the instruction notes and finalize the application form.
- Certified Duplicates of credentials obtained, such as postgraduate certificates and records, English Language Test Certificates (if applicable) such as IELTS / TOEFL, Research Proposal, Passport check, Copies of any other relevant documents that may be used to support your application, if relevant / available.
- Should have BSc or MSc qualifications in or similar to Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences and Understanding of aseptic methods, microbiology and bio analytical techniques.
- English Language (6.5 IELTS max min score). You will find a minimum threshold here.
Scholarship Official Web Links:
January 31, 2020.