At Amazon, they are looking for future Amazon interns to join for summer 2019! Their interns and co-ops write real software and partner with a select group of experienced software development engineers, who both help and challenge them as they work on projects that matter to their customers.
In addition to an impact full project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians in both personal and professional development, expand your network, and take part in fun activities throughout the summer.
No matter the location of your internship, they give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting. Many of their technologies overlap—you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Below is a small snapshot of potential work experience you may gain during your internship at Amazon:
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use
Amazon is a place where builders build. Will you build with them? At Amazon, Student Programs is looking for software development engineer interns located in Amazon offices across the United States. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineer who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor and given the opportunity to have direct impact on the evolution of Amazon’s technologies as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career.
Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security- just to name a few.
Field of Study:
Internship is available for Software Development.
This is a paid internship program.
Internship Open for International Students.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline with a focus on software development
- Experience coding in Java, C, or C++
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Proficient in one or more object-orientated programming languages (Java, C, C++, etc.)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem solving skills and effective communication
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, they will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applying procedure Instructions:
To apply, you will need to register through the online application link mentioned below.
By applying to this position, your application will be considered for locations we hire for in the United States including, but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Austin, TX; Bay Area, CA; Bellevue, WA; Boston, MA; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Herndon, VA; Irvine, CA; New York, NY; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
Internship Official Web Links:
Online Application: ◄–
Internship Link: ◄–
Internship application deadline is Ongoing. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.